- We supported the ‘We Own It’ movement of OPSEU in expressing opposition to the closing of Grey Gables.
- We sent submissions to the federal government opposing free trade agreements like NAFTA that make it easy for corporations to sue countries over policies they think are hurting their profits.
- We walked with community college faculty on their picket line when they went out on strike to end the precarious nature of their work.
- We protested the usurious practices of pay-day loan companies and urged the government to raise the minimum wage to a living wage.
- We supported the good work of the Women’s Centre by Walking a Mile in Her Shoes and raising $1400.
- We debated the Liberal government’s plans for workplace reform in the public forum in support of the efforts of the United Way of Bruce & Grey and in solidarity with workers in BGOS who are not making enough to live on.
- We founded an active Youth Group, whose members are encouraging all of us to remember that it’s not too late the change the world.
And now we have another election to fight: June 7, 2018. Please join us and help pick our candidate …
January 20th at 1:30 pm at the Owen Sound Library.
All members paid up by December 20th are eligible to vote.